We are not currently hiring for any positions.
IN-PERSON AND REMOTE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
We are accepting intern applications on a rolling basis for college students and recent graduates who are committed to marine science research and education and ready to put their knowledge and skills towards our nonprofit mission. Interns may gain broad hands-on experience in nonprofit administration, development and fundraising, project management and program coordination, logistics, event planning, public relations, social media, website design, SEO, advertising, filmmaking, youth STEM education, educator professional development, community outreach and at-sea operations aboard a research vessel. Interns work closely with ANGARI employees to gain hands-on experience and become an integral part of the ANGARI team during their internships. Depending on interests and duration of an internship, an intern may lead and complete an individual internship project.
In-person interns receive a monthly stipend of $1,000/month or course credit; remote interns are unpaid but may receive course credit.
All applicants should be:
– enthusiastic about the ocean, science research and STEM education
– hard working with a positive, can-do attitude
– organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask
– excellent communicators
– team players who value team success as much as their own
– honest and transparent
– flexible and demonstrate willingness and ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and priorities
– ready to learn, be challenged and push themselves outside their comfort zones
– fluent in English
– able to dedicate a minimum of 4 months and 20 hours/week to the internship, including the occasional evening or weekend for in-person interns
– legally allowed to work in the U.S. and able to complete IRS Form W-9 (required for paid internships)
To apply, please email a complete application in a single PDF to email@example.com. Your complete application should include: (1) a cover letter expressing your interests, what makes you unique and a great fit for ANGARI and your preferred internship date range and availability; (2) up-to-date CV or resume; (3) contact information for three references; and (4) most recent unofficial transcripts.
If you would like to volunteer with ANGARI Foundation, please contact us with your interests and availability. We are especially in need of support from those who have experience or interest in community outreach and event planning, development and fundraising, public relations, digital media, graphic design, marketing and advertising, drone photography and videography and citizen science projects.
We are also interested in teaming up with small boat owners who would like to donate their time and their boat to use in support of local research projects.
ANGARI Foundation Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or in provision of services based on race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics or factors.