Now Hiring! (See Opportunities Below)
SPRING 2020 INTERNSHIPS
About the Position: ANGARI Foundation works to promote scientists and their ongoing research, while increasing public engagement in science via media, livestream, public outreach events, citizen science initiatives, classroom visits and virtual reality film. The Foundation is seeking an interns(s) who will take an active role in communicating the work of the scientists who come aboard our research vessel through traditional media and social media platforms. The intern(s) will also help organize and participate in outreach events on behalf of the Foundation. The intern(s) may have an opportunity to assist with science education, including developing educational materials in conjunction with at-sea expeditions and partner scientists.
Duration: Part-time (10 or 20 hrs/week including occasional evenings and weekends); starting February 2020; 3-month or 6-month term.
Stipend: Monthly stipend dependent on weekly hours; Foundation is also willing to work with intern to secure university course credit as appropriate.
- Interns must be 18 years or older, U.S. citizens, and located in or able to relocate to the West Palm Beach, FL area during the internship.
- College student or recent graduate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A positive, can-do attitude with ability to both self-motivate and take initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working with computers, software and social media platforms
- Ability to work well with both youth and adults
- Ability to work in team and individual settings
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
Download the PDF below for full job description and details on how to apply:
R/V ANGARI operates with a licensed, experienced, and professional crew. Some expeditions require longer or more intensive operations and additional crew may be needed. If you are an experienced captain or mate and interested in future freelance crew opportunities onboard R/V ANGARI, please email your resume and (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to volunteer with ANGARI Foundation, please email us at email@example.com with your contact information and availability.