- This event has passed.
Nature-based Solutions – Clean Oceans & Resilient Cities
02/24/2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
The British Consulate General & Consulate General of Italy in Miami are delighted to invite you to an interactive session on Nature Based Solutions; Clean Oceans & Resilient Cities.
The UK and Italy are jointly hosting COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021 and are dedicated to working together on initiatives. They look forward to creating partnerships around the world by sharing best practices while raising awareness of climate change.
This virtual event will focus on oceans and cities; using nature based solutions to tackle the increasing impacts of climate change to our coastlines and protecting natural biodiversity by decarbonizing maritime transportation. We will be hearing from several scientific and policy experts in this field including the UK’s Minister for Aviation, Maritime and Security, Mr Robert Courts MP, who is driving forward the Prime Minister’s initiatives to support decarbonising aviation and maritime transportation.
Moderator: Paul Rennie OBE – Counsellor, Global Issues, British Embassy Washington
- Nicolette Brent MBE – Her Majesty’s Consul General & Cristiano Musillo – Consul General of Italy
- Robert Courts MP, Minister for Aviation, Maritime & Security
- Julia King DBE, Baroness Brown of Cambridge, Deputy Chair of the UK Committee on Climate Change and Chair of the Carbon Trust
- Prof Gianmaria Sannino – Head of the Climate Modelling Laboratory of ENEA, Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy & Sustainable Economic Development
- Dr Jenny Brown – National Oceanography Centre, UK
- Sean Kelly – Glasgow City Council, UK
Please email Evin.Sungun@fcdo.gov.uk if you have any questions or experience any issues registering.